What if I told you that YOU are the secret ingredient to your own life? Would you believe me? Maybe not. maybe you are still doubting that you can have the life you love, or maybe you are still insecure of why you don’t see any changes in your life although you so desperately wish for it to be different.
But change doesn’t happen overnight and also wishing for something else is only the beginning. You actually have to take ACTION – and since you are the only one who can do so for yourself, you are indeed the secret ingredient to OWN your life.
So now that you know that you are the secret sauce in your own life, let’s talk about what you can to do to use your secret ingredient and get your best cooking on to own your life.
5 things to stop doing today:
- Stop blaming others: The only thing that we can control is how we react to others, we can’t control others and how they act or what they do. So just focus on yourself and what you are passionate about!
- Stop living life with your eyes closed and expecting to find your way: We would never drive blindfolded and expect to make it home from work without getting lost or crashing. Yet, we often put our life on “cruise control” and struggle to understand why nothing ever changes or why things continue to happen this way or that way. Remember you are the secret sauce baby, you get to decide, you get to choose what your life looks like.
- Stop stressing and get PRESENT: if you’re stressing, it means that you aren’t present in today. If you are stressing then you are either focusing on the past or on the future. GET PRESENT and focus on today!
- Stop focusing on what others are or are not doing: The quickest way to detour you from your dreams is to get into someone else’s lane. Stop comparing yourself to others. You were created for a reason, you were created to be different than everyone else for a reason! So stay in the lane of your life and be the best version of yourself, not a second-rated version of someone else.
- Stop negative thoughts and self-talk: Negative self-thoughts and self-talk it like pushing pause or even rewind on your life, when we are trying to move forward this is the worst thing that we could do to our self. “Change your thoughts and beliefs and you will change your life.” PUSH PLAY ALL DAY, EVERYDAY!
How to be your own secret ingredient in life:
- Stay consistent: Consistency is the key to success and getting results
- Plan for it: When you plan for it, you set yourself up for success!
- Set goals and determine how you will measure them: If you don’t set clear goals it’s hard to make a change because we aren’t really sure what we are working towards. You also need to determine how to measure your goals.
- Set your mindset: Mindset is a secret ingredient in its own, if you change your mindset it will truly change your life. Easier said than done right, I hear you. This is why I use affirmation cards daily to change my beliefs and help me align my mindset daily with my goals.
- Let go and grow: Be open to change and learn as you go. Sometimes we cannot accept change even if we really want it because we are holding on too tightly to the past, to pain, or to things that no longer serve us. Learn as you go and learning from others to help you grow!
What is holding you back from owning your life? Let me know in the comments!
P.S.: If you are ready to start cooking in your own life but still aren’t quite sure where to start, I’m here to help you! My 1:1-coaching will help you use your secret sauce to spice up your own life! Connect with me today and see how I can best serve you here.